Long Island District
Your 32BJ Bargaining Committee has reached a tentative agreement for a new commercial contract!
STRONG WAGE INCREASES
PRESERVED HEALTH BENEFITS
IMPROVED CONTRACT LANGUAGE
Dec 31, 2019
Dec 31, 2020
Dec 31, 2021
Jan 1, 2023
Hourly Rate Increases
Minimum Hourly Wage Rate
*Raises and wages are minimum wage rates. A member will either receive a 50 cent raise or the minimum hourly wage rate, whichever brings them to a higher rate of pay.
OTHER CONTRACT VICTORIES:
- Additional money needed to maintain current health, training, legal and other benefits
- 2 weeks advance notice of schedule changes for regular part-time and full-time employees
- No preferential or retaliatory schedule changes
- 1 paid shift every other year for steward training, 1 unpaid shift every year for steward training
- All vacant positions must be posted within 2 weeks, posting up for 1 week, vacancy filled within 2 weeks
- No discrimination based on union activity
- Employers and union will cooperate to develop special training program for leadpersons
- Stronger language to protect against sexual harassment
Long Island Bargaining Committee
Get Regular Updates!
We are strong because people like you have stepped up to join the fight. We need your continued support in building stronger, better commercial contracts. Join us and get important union updates by signing up below.